Redecorating help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so after suffering with paint peeling for a few years I've decided to bite the bullet and redecorate.
My original plan was to pull/scrape off all the peeling paint and basically start again with another mist coat.
We originally used leyland contract matt watered down to about 30/40% water. And I've just gone to buy more and noticed Layland have said they don't recommend it for a mist coat because other paint might not stick?!
Every painter I've asked has said use watered down contract matt as a mist coat but now I'm thinking that might be what caused all my peeling issues? So I need some advice on what I'm best using?
Incase in matters, I waited about 3 weeks for plaster to dry(appeared dry appeared after 2 weeks) then painted with my mist coat then left a week or so to dry and 2 coats of Dulux silk with a few days between coats. It just looks like the silk paint is peeling, mist coat still visible underneath

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back