Redring Plus Extra Shower broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me..

The other day I went into the shower and switched it on and it made a funny clicking noise, then I smelt something strange. At first I thought that the shower was on fire, so I turned everything off and fetched the other half. He said he couldn't smell anything and turned shower back on. There was no more burning smells or nasty noises, so I had a shower.

The other half has had showers every morning since this happened without no problems, but this morning he went into shower and it did the same thing as the other day. So he turned it off and tried turning it back on again, but it kept doing the same thing.

Can anyone tell me whether the shower is buggered or whether it is fixable.

Thanks

Bev

Ps We have a lazy electrician in the house, so if we do need a new shower will he be able to fit the new shower?

Sponsored Links
If the lazy electrician cannot fix it how the hell do you expect someone not on site to do it? Kick his arse & tell him to get looking. :LOL:

I purely meant that will he be able to fit a new one because of the plumbing bit of it, or will we need a qualified plumber for that...

Your switch contacts are burning up. Sometimes the voltage will punch through the burnt layer and sometimes it won't. It can only get worse. Open the thing up and have a look.

Sponsored Links
Thanks spacecat, will have to get the lazy electrician to go in....

He might do as the house has no boiler because he ripped the boiler out that just needed a part replacing and never got round to putting a new one in, so for him to have a bath, he has to use the shower to fill bath up...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back