Redundant cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am remodelling my bathroom and do not require the electric supply to the previous electric shower, as I'm installing an electric pump instead and standard shower plate.

I have a live cable that I no longer require, how can I make the ends safe? I know there are some plastic clips that you can clip the wires into but can't remember the name of the damn things?!

As the cable will be hind the shower wall, would you cut the cable back to the loft where it comes from and make it safe up there?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Without the electric shower being in place, the cable won't be in a safe zone any more so either pull it up into the loft or cut it in the loft and terminate it there in either a round junction box or an adaptable box with terminal block (could use Wagos but if you can access the loft why spend the money)

Obvs you'll isolate the supply before doing all that, ideally you'd remove the cable from whatever it is connected to at the supply end. Just leaving the MCB switched off (or fuse pulled) isn't ideal- neutral would still be connected.

You could use the shower supply to feed the pump via a fused connection unit, if convenient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back