Refix ridge tiles-repoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Good evening.
My ridge tiles look as though they have just been placed on top ,then cement used to blend the edge in .The cement has started to fall away in places .
Should they have been sat on cement ,rather than just have cement placed at the edges to smooth them to the tiles .?

How much would it cost to have them redone on a bungalow 13 metres in one straight run .

Also I have heard of plastic replacements ,are these any good ?.
I have got plastic covers for the eaves which are just filled with cement as normal at the moment,but have not had these done yet .How much would it cost to have these fitted also .?
Any help appreciated .
Regards
Rob.

Sponsored Links
Always re-bed and never re-point - it will fall out in no time

You can get a mechanically fixed system, but may require more work in terms of adapting the ridge, new tiles, and may not seat properly on existing roofs which have settled

Get quotes for costs

Thanks Woody .

Can anyone give me a cost for this work .(obviously an estimated guide )

Many Thanks.

As woody says rebed the ridge, the tiles should be bedded at the joints and on both faces of the roof. If you find a roofer happy to do it off ladders then £250 plus materials plus vat you may be able to reuse the existing tiles if the mortar is so shot that they come off easily. If you need a scaffold then add another 300 to that.
Personally speaking I wouldn't do it off ladders anymore my life is too good at the moment to take that risk.

Sorry just realised it is a bungalow should be fine off ladders

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back