regs for pipes under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a bit of advice or better still would be a quote from regs. I would also like feedback if possible of what you as a plumber thinks should be the standards. Do you agree with them ?

We have a flooring forum and we also have input in BS standards for flooring. We also run a training centre with apprenticeships.

However with all the above we are lost on a few regs for Plumbers and the cross over to the flooring trade BLAH BLAH.

Right, im looking for this- (feedback and regs please)

1- What depth should pipes be burred in a concrete subfloor and what protection is needed ('if any', for gas and water)

2- A wooden subfloor- should only joists be notched? or is it o.k to notch out the actual floorboard also?

3- underfloor heating, what is the depth in a flooring screed/concrete that underfloor heating pipes should be laid (minimum depth from surface)

4- What is the maximum temperature (surface temp of subfloor) that underfloor heating (wet) should get to. I.e- 27c , 35c, 40c etc

Massive thanks for any help here

Sponsored Links
depth in concrete,cover and max cuts in joists are covered in BS6891 if you have access to it, if not post back and i will dig it out and copy the diagrams, dont know anything about the underfloor, but plenty will answer that bit for you

hi, i dont have BS for your trade.

To be 100% honest I dont fancy purchasing a copy either as even tho i have input in the flooring standards im only sent/edit draft copies. I have to purchase my own copies and they are a fair few for textile, wood, subfloor etc. If i was to purchase every other trades standards out there i would need deep products. Im after a few quotes only.

It would be great if you could quote the bits i require. Would be a great help.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi, i dont have BS for your trade.

To be 100% honest I dont fancy purchasing a copy either as even tho i have input in the flooring standards im only sent/edit draft copies. I have to purchase my own copies and they are a fair few for textile, wood, subfloor etc. If i was to purchase every other trades standards out there i would need deep products. Im after a few quotes only.

It would be great if you could quote the bits i require. Would be a great help.

Thanks.

i will dig it out when i get a chance, can you message me with an email address?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back