Regulations this... Regulations that!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can someone please highlight what regulations I need to know about when installing a shower.

I've heard so many different regulations that I'm now very confused. :rolleyes:

I'm only actually replacing a shower that broke, but let's say I'm installing an electric shower from scratch. What regulations must I adhere to, for both electrics & the plumbing? (I know I should ask about the electrics in the other forum but this question also applies to plumbing)

(bonding earths for electrics? water regs?)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IEE 16th edition,Water regs, Part P of the building regs and if I'm not mistaken BS5449 covers the pipework.
Usually theres sufficient info in the manufacturers instructions to fit it safely but if the shower you're fitting is bigger than the one you took out then you are better to get someone to do it as the work has to be certified as conforming to Building regs. This could cost more than what it would to get someone in who can self certify the work.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
well the type of shower might help
DIA blaned me for breaking the crystal ball

in reality he hit me with it ;)

As I said in my post "an electric shower". ;)

I'm assuming that there aren't different regulations for different models!

Thanks Slugbabydotcom. I'll look into these regs. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back