Reliable roofer in Glasgow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good roofer in the Glasgow area??

I am looking to have a re-roof done

Sponsored Links
South Glasgow - Pollokshields

It is a victorian semi detached house

siqveland, roughly what is the area to be done and what is on the roof at the moment? i will give the info to a very good friend of mine who is a top class roofer to see if he is interested,

Sponsored Links
Hi Kirkgas

Roughly around 150m squared - I think it's westmoreland slate on the roof just now

I was initially planning to reuse the existing slates but I have been told that it would be much cheaper and easier to use new slates - There are 3 chimneys that need new leadwork, a clubskew joining the neighbours house and I am looking to have new gutters put in too.

Thanks for your help
:D

siqveland, spoke to my mate and unfortunately due to workload and holidays he couldn't touch any new work until late july-august not sure if this will be any good or not

I might be a bit late here,but if you have Westmoreland or Burlington it is generally the best option to keep them.A westmoreland slate can last 400-700 years.A modern tile 25 years/composite slate 25 years and a clay tile around 50.It must be considered if the slates are good there is little time wasted,on lifting or disposing of material.The nails go on slates...keep the best if you can.I have seen so many roofs as this ruined by the wrong choice,cashing in good slates and providing something else which may look good,but for how long.Any replacement will not be as good.Westmoreland slate is the best material in the world for a pitched roof.TonyB/Ex Slater Adv. Craft/Roofing Lecturer/Surveyor.

Would it be possible to post a couple of pictures of your roof.
to see what the present roof covering is . cheers martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back