Remaha Avanta 28c Internal Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I have an Remeha Avanta 28c Boiler which has an internal timer clock. It has never been used as we have a voltless room thermostat that we use and just switch off heating as and when.

Yesterday evening I noticed the timer was blank and there was no hot water or heating. On closer study the insides had gone, brown goo like a blown capacitor or something. Can I just have the timer completely removed or has something got to be changed on the main board like a link or something?

Hope someone can shed some light. Thanks in advance

Just to let you know, I'm not Gas Safe and have no intention of doing the work myself. Just need some advice so have some clue for when an engineer comes around. 😊

Sponsored Links
The clock plugs into terminal block X2. When the clock is removed it has to be replaced by two jumpers in X2: t1 to t4 and t3 to t4.

Why don't you use the clock? Do you like getting up to a cold house and then waiting an hour or so for it to warm up?

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it has not worked. The boiler goes through the pre check and goes on standby perfectly fine, yet when the hot tap is turned or the thermostat goes up the boiler does nothing at all. Not even a clunk. The consumer settings P1 to P6 on the consumer settings are all on default as left when a new heat plate was put in a few weeks ago by an engineer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back