removal of cusomer supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, again.
we have recently bought two flats (the previous owner had done a small amount to converting them to one house hold) we are using them as one house, the old electric box upstairs is still on the wall and i would really like to remove it. the consumer box is no longer there, only the box that has the main supply cable from the supplier. can an electrician remove this, the local electric company or me?
Once (whoever it was that rewired the house from the consumer unit downstairs) had removed the consumer unit would they have turned the electric supply to this particular box off ? is it safe?

Cheers in advance

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
chances are that the "box" is still live. your electricity supplier will have to disconnect it.

But b4 you call them have a look at your main incoming supply, is there a second cable?

I had the same problem here when I firrst bought this place it was 2 flats.
What I did was run a 6 mm twin and earth from one consumer unit to the other then had the supply authority remove the unneeded mains input. Very simple as we have overhead mains here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back