Removal of pressure guage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am somewhat at loss as to how to remove the existing pressure guage from my ecomax 828 boiler.The boiler manual states that the guage is factory-fitted . Also I can not see anything I could unscrew or pull at the capillary end.

Would you also please advise how to drain the boiler.Once again, I can not identify any valve or any unscrewable node on the boiler body which I could use for draining.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Capilary is push fit near to the boiler safety valve, there is a small clip that has to be removed first, before doing this you should shut off the Heating Flow and Return Valves under the boiler, and drain by operating the pressure relief valve. after fitteng the new pressuregauage, re-pressurise to 1-00 Bar via the filling loop (also under the boiler) check for leaks and if ok open the heating Flow & Return Valves again Job Done

Altenatively get a Service engineer in? ;)

Capilary is push fit near to the boiler safety valve, there is a small clip that has to be removed first, before doing this you should shut off the Heating Flow and Return Valves under the boiler, and drain by operating the pressure relief valve. after fitteng the new pressuregauage, re-pressurise to 1-00 Bar via the filling loop (also under the boiler) check for leaks and if ok open the heating Flow & Return Valves again Job Done

Altenatively get a Service engineer in? ;)

Thank you for your useful comments. You have suggested that I could drain the boiler by operating the pressure relief valve. However my slight worry is could it not lead to some permanent water leak from it because of some possible sludge from the boiler being trapped under the seat of the valve during the process. Is there any other outlet on the boiler I could use instead?
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back