remove paint from pebbledash??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would really like to remove the paint from the pebbledash on front of my house and outside wall.

What are my options?

Is there a chemical removal and would it be safe?
Sandblasting - would it damage or remove the pebbledash?
Can you pebbledash over pebbledash?
Or do I just live with the paint and commit myself to a lifetime of repainting it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, I would really like to remove the paint from the pebbledash on front of my house and outside wall.

What are my options?

Is there a chemical removal and would it be safe?
Sandblasting - would it damage or remove the pebbledash?
Can you pebbledash over pebbledash?
Or do I just live with the paint and commit myself to a lifetime of repainting it?

Cheers

Hi, Is it wet dash or dry dash?

I'd say the sandblasting will do damage, at least to dry dashing, and it will be very hard to get in around the texture of any dashing to completely clean it- at least I have never heard of it being done.

One suggestion - remove any loose stuff and render over it. This will be easier to paint than dashing, and using a good quality paint will last longer. Better still use a through-coloured render like K Rend which should be good for (in theory ) 10-15 years before painting.

Or render flat with sand and cement and then use hi build, or Sto or some similar coloured textured finish coat.

Thanks a mill Micilin, I have no idea if it's wet or dry - bought the house, built in the '30s, about 5 years ago and its the only house on the street that has been painted so really stands out and limits me on big time and am envying others who are doing lovely jobs on the houses now with the natural stone and I am stuck with this paint!!

Will plod on and see....

cheers again.

Sponsored Links
They are usually the terms used in Ireland for dashing. Dry dashing involves the stones(often marble, spar) being thrown onto render , wet dashing has the stones (often shingle or chippings) mixed in with the render and then thrown on.

They usually have a different texture.

It is usually easier to remove more of the stones from dry dashing, as they are bedded into the mix rather than being an intergal part of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back