Removing a Radiator - Closed System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I wondered if I could ask for some assistance...

I have a closed vented(?) Central Heating system (i.e. boiler has a water pressure light) which only heats the radiators (our hot water is on anothe non-connected system)...

It seems I have sludge in some of the radiators (black water on bleed test)...Anyone have any information on how to remove, flush and re-attach the radiators in such a system?

All helpful comments would be most welcome! Please feel free to be a descriptive as you can as I'm a novice...

Kind Regards.
KK

[Edited by knkeshwala on 08-01-2003 at 17:24 PM GMT]

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
it is realativly strait forward, but for detailed instructions try

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/removing_a_radiator.htm[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that very useful Web-Page Breezer! However are you sure I can do this on a closed vented sealed system that has water in it that is under approximately 1 bar pressure? :?:

Sorry for the delays but it seems as well as Central heating problems I also have PC issues!! --> When it rains it pours... :(

Kind Regards!

Yes you can, so long as you follow the instructions on the link i mentioned. When you put the radiator back obviously you do things in the reverse order, you will need to re pressureise your system, you do this by turning on the tap you will find under your boiler that is connected to a silver (usually) flexible pipe watch as the pressure rises back up to 1 bar, then turn the tap off. You should the bleed the radiator, check and re pressurise as necessary. You should do all of this while the boiler is OFF

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
Yes you can, so long as you follow the instructions on the link i mentioned. When you put the radiator back obviously you do things in the reverse order, you will need to re pressureise your system, you do this by turning on the tap you will find under your boiler that is connected to a silver (usually) flexible pipe watch as the pressure rises back up to 1 bar, then turn the tap off. You should the bleed the radiator, check and re pressurise as necessary. You should do all of this while the boiler is OFF

= MANY THANKS AGAIN BREEZER!

Kind Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back