Removing garden wall attached to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title I've got a brick wall between the house and the garage which has a gate in the middle to get to the rear of the house.

I want to remove this wall and replace it with a double wooden gate (further back towards the garden).

As the wall is joined to the house and the garage walls, is there an easy way to remove the garden wall without damage to the house and garage, and clear up the house and garage walls to remove any leftover concrete?

Sponsored Links
Is it tied into them? i.e do bricks extend into the house or garage wall? If not then go nuts just start bashing, cutting through the wall in the middle first will make the whole thing much easier and less destructive.

If however it is tied into the other walls you have a tedious period ahead of toothing out the bricks and half bricks projecting into the house or garage walls and replacing them.

Process will be the same though, cut through the wall in the centre first and demolish but just be more gentle around the tied in bricks, also remember to save some to patch back up.

No the garden wall was built later and is made up to the house and garage walls, then attached by pointing between them, I can imagine a mess will be left when I remove the garden wall :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back