removing plaster sealer from chimney breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone out there offer some advice on what I should do re painting a chimney breast in a living room?
We've just had a wood burner put in and there was fairly deep plaster needed to cover where we've removed the old fireplace.
I was getting fed up of not having the living room available so I waited a couple of days and then used a plaster sealer on it, while doing every other wall with 2 coats of new emulsion.
The designer in chief however has been browsing the net and reckons an erse has been made of the job because the plaster may not have been dry. She's read stuff about using mist coats on new plaster and worries the plaster will crack or be weak when we stick the stove on for longer periods.
Any thoughts on the way out, folks?
Can I press on with emulsion on top on the sealed plaster, or do I have to take the sealer off and wait? Does anyone have a scoobie about how you get plaster sealer off?
I broke the cardinal rule of DIY, don't involve yourself

Sponsored Links
Sorry to tell you...but she might be right..leave the wall longer to dry out..the moisture will probably dry backwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back