Removing Rover Coupe Steering Wheel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i was hoping that someone out there might be able to help me with and annoying little problem i have with a Rover 218 Coupe 1998 R Plate.

The problem is that when the wheels are facing forwards the steering wheel is off centre. Does anyone know an easy way to remove the steering wheel and reposition it centrally?

I have removed the cowling from the steering column and can't quite see how to remove the steering wheel itself. It does have an airbag as well just for information.

Failing that does anyone know where i can get a downloadable copy of the workshop manual for it?

Thanks in advance Jon

Sponsored Links
The problem is that when the wheels are facing forwards the steering wheel is off centre.
Then take it back to the garage that aligned the front wheels and ask them to adjust the tracking such that the wheel is pointing how you want it. Then in the future don't drive into kerb stones.

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the steering wheel and reposition it centrally?
The easiest way is to undo the mounting nut and use a puller.

I have removed the cowling from the steering column and can't quite see how to remove the steering wheel itself. It does have an airbag as well just for information.
Then you need to remove the airbag. You'll need to know how to do it without setting it off.

Failing that does anyone know where i can get a downloadable copy of the workshop manual for it?
Yes - see www.freestuffformisers.com/Rover/218/cabin/steeringwheelremoval.htm

Sponsored Links
Back