renault kangoo van black smoke cominig from exahust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i rev the engine or pull off there is sutty black smoke coming from the exauste any ideas what it could be its a diesel engine

Sponsored Links
Un-burnt fuel. Try new Glow plugs . If that doesn’t work it could be quite a few things. Cheeper in the long run to go to a small garage and ask them to do a emission test. Lets hope it's not the pump :LOL:

Quick Fit said:
Un-burnt fuel. Try new plugs petrol. Mixture might need adjusting.
QF
its a diesel quick fit i have just had a new timing belt fitted about 6 weeks ago could it be the head gasket wats gone

unlikely to be a head gasket. It's possible the timing is out.

Sponsored Links
If you are saying this didn't happen before fitting a new timing belt, then yes it could be the timing. However if you are saying it was OK after fitting the belt, but as gone like this since then I would check for a blocked air filter first.

I also doubt it would be the head gasket.

Head gasket failure normally causes white smoke,not black (caused by water getting into the combustion chamber)
Black smoke is invariably fuel related (unburnt,as previously said)
And blue smoke is normally a sign of worn piston rings/cylinders (letting oil into the combustion chamber)

Try a bottle of injector cleaner in your fuel tank and take it on the motorway for about 10 miles @70 mph.This will help clean the injector tips and improve the spray.If this fails to sort it out,have the pump timing checked.I assume that you have renewed the air filter.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

post locked to prevent hi jacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back