Renault Laguna '02' - key fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a problem with his Laguna key fob. When he locks the car using one button he cannot then unlock it again by using the other.

I have checked and the battery is definately not flat as if you keep pressing the lock button it continues trying to lock itself. He had a spare fob which he lost which had the same problem but in reverse. Obviously now he can't lock his car but each time he does it accidentally it takes twenty minutes of button pressing to get it to work again.

I have had a quick look at the fob and it appears to be pretty flimsy. I'm thinking that it could just be a loose contact inside and that if this was the case an electronics shop should be able to repair it without too much trouble (Renault want £200 for a new one).

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
it might be a broken board through to much pressing,or a dry solder,try looking on ebay for a new fob,it might tell you how to reprogram the fob in the cars handbook or join a renault forum for the info.

Does the key card rattle?? The buttons often fall off inside them, programming is only possible with Clip the Renault diag gear as far as I know and a code from Renault.

As for repair, the key cards are glued together and getting them appart is tricky without destroying them.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't rattle. The fob is very flimsy feeling but thats how they seem to be made.

Sounds like Renault have him over a barrel then £200 or never lock your car again :(

Back