Renault Laguna RT 8V 1998 cc 1998 Estate radio code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought this today and there are a few minor problems.

The first is the radio code is not know by the seller.

Is the code likely to be hidden anywhere inside the car?

If not then how can I get one and do they charge for it at the main dealer?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Normaly its printed in the first few pages of the manual, cant remember if its the service book or the vehicle instruction manual. Also might be worth removing the stereo and looking on the outer case as sometimes its written there :D

This is a well used car and the books went ages ago!

This is the original fit radio so would not have it on the outside as its never been stolen yet.

Tony

If you take the log book into the main dealer, they will give you the code. Will charge anything upto £20 for it though

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know the format for entering the code if you had it?

On powering it shows 0000.

The first zero flashes.

How many digits are there in the code and do you press anything after the code to activate?

Its a Philips supplied for Renault so similar radios in other models will presumably hve a similar procedure. It has a CD player and RDS.

Tony

It now shows "CODE" rather than "0000".

Whats does that mean?

Tony

I have now sussed how to get the 0000 back using a combination of stearing wheel controls and even enter digets!

Still missing knowing what to do when I have entered the code though!

Now I just need to know what the code is !

Doesn't anyone have a conversion code to operate on the serial number of the radio?

Or a copy of the Renault radio code disc?

Tony

I have now sussed how to get the 0000 back using a combination of stearing wheel controls and even enter digets!

Still missing knowing what to do when I have entered the code though!

Now I just need to know what the code is !

Doesn't anyone have a conversion code to operate on the serial number of the radio?

Or a copy of the Renault radio code disc?

Tony

If too tight to go to main dealer as suggested a few times before, there is a site called 'e service info' or something which have program downloads for radio decode software. Google it.

just found this siite, so catching up and found this old post. be very careful of the downloads on e service info. i downloaded three or four code programs but i always check with antivirus first and ALL were infected. nasty stuff. it scared me off and i found www.mmsa.org.uk run by mobile media association. a code came back for my clio philips radio very quick and was only 5.95. not worth the risk trying to get it free.

yeh, that car's probably been scrapped by now :p

Sponsored Links
Back