Render removed.. Wall damage!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having the back and gable of my house re rendered as we where getting penetrating damp from a large crack running down the side of the property between the house proper and the old extension. We where quoted 4000 for the side wall & the back along with some minor repairs to the roof.

I was quite happy with that figure but now the render is off the builder has discovered that the crack was caused by movement and that he will need to stitch a two cracks (using mesh and chemical resin and bars) and also replace the loose brick work along the roofline and cracks. This has added an extra 2000 to the job.

It seems to me that a decent builder shoulder have known that the crack was cause by something like this and explained that before I hired him to work.

My question is does this sound reasonable ?

I

Sponsored Links
what does his estimate/quote say ?

like anything from cars to say a dentist,until they get there hands in there who knows what problems they will find until they open it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back