render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. i've just built a sun room extension out of block and want to apply a form of render or tyrolean not sure how it works i plan to do it myself as i can plaster but not sure on the mix ,,do i put 1 scratch coat on them tyrolean it ?? what do i need to put in the render mix or can you buy it already mixed with everthing in it and how much does it cost for a bag ????help some one :

please note 2 your post has been moved

Sponsored Links
do your scratch coat 4-1 then top coat 5-1-1 then tyrolean or pabbledash the second coat.

tyrolean comes as a dry powder which has to be mixed with water slightly wet, more like a really sloppy porridge and has to be applied with a tyrolean gun, if your not use to it, its hard work on the arms depending on how much area you have,

the first coat of render you would usually put in a waterproofing agent which also acts as plaz, you must always render with a second coat as jbonding said weaker than the first coat, also add lime to the second coat to help draw the moisture from the tyrolean, stops it sliding down the wall but give the second coat plenty of time (days) to dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back