Rendering or paint ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys i have Rendering flaking off on the front of the house ! (see pics) its alot worse in places but this was the lowest an best pic i could get. One of my friends said it looks like Masonry paint an not Rendering ? im confused which is it ? Masonry paint or rendering ?
cheers Jon

Sponsored Links
Hi Jon

I've only just joined this forum today so apologies if I wasn't looking in the right place - but I couldn't see any photos attached to your post.

I've jsut had my house rendered so I might be able to help if I can see the pics.

There are different forms of rendering though - We had pebble-dash effect (as we didnt want to have to keep on painting the exterior) but I'm sure there are other effects out there.

Let me know - Sammy

Have a look in my profile images :D been told its just the paint flakin off! Not sure of yhe condition of the rendering underneath. I imagine it will need patchin up of somesort but its havin the money to do it. An this time of year isnt best :( cheers for the reply mate
Jon

oh yeah! didn't think to look in the profile pics. I'm not a professional renderer - only that my house was rendered recently - but it did look a bit like your photo and we was told it was the render and not just the paint, but it might have been in one area where the paint had come off and separate bits where the rendering had come off.

Either way it does cost - you're right - but our house was affected by leaky guttering which was causing water to just run down the house and yep it caused damp and mold upstairs aswell. Not bad- but bad enough.

So if you do get your rendering or painting done - check the cause of the paint peeling off or the condition of the rendering as would hate there to be an underlying problem costing more in the long run.

Christmas will be a cheaper homemade cookies as presents I think - or I.O.U's???

Sponsored Links
Sorry sammy i was using my phone last night and was at work. I think my rendour is just from old age an its as bad all over the house not in one certain place tbh. How much did yours cost in total ? ill be having my guttering and sofits an facias done whilst the scafs up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back