Rendering Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone might be able to offer me some advice. I have recently had some external rendering done and there are a number of cracks over the rendered area. Also when tapping these cracked areas they sounds hollow. Is there a reason why this has happened? There is sagging at various points which I have been told has happened because the render has been put on in one thick coat.

Where the render has come away from the wall it can be easily crumbled in the hand which suggest that very little cement has been added into the mix. Is this the case? Also is there any way I can test to see if the render mix has any waterproof additive?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It'll all have to come off.

The substrate has sucked out the water from the wet render and the mix has dried rather than set by chemical action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back