Repairing hole for extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just remvoed the small extractor fan in the bathroom and now that I have come to put it back it would appear that the pasterboard it screwed into has crumbled a bit and no matter how I orientate thefan the screws always find big holes.

How would I repair this ? Or is there a better way fit the fan (e.g. glueing it to the ceiling). If I was to glue i, what glue would be best bearing in mind the ceiling has a light artex and the fan is plastic ?

Many Thanks

Ben.

Sponsored Links
Do you have access above [loft?] you can cut a ply circle out of a small square of ply and place above the ceiling and screw thru from below.
If you don't have access then cut the ply template and then cut it in half and insert from below and hold in place while you screw thru from below to secure you then have ply to secure fan too.
Is it a fan designed for ceiling mounting, in can be dangerous to fit a wall fan in the ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back