Replace Roof Tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a cracked roof tile which is two rows down from the ridges, this makes it impossible to slide the above tiles upwards to replace it. How would I resolve this? I'm thinking of just plugging the crack with some ready mix cement if I can't replace it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ridge tiles off, rows above off in a triangle, broken tile replaced. I don't think I've ever seen a broken concrete tile be successfully repaired but don't let that stop you trying to be the first

Take care if the roof has reached an age where that tile broke of its own accord; you may break more clambering around on it

Kitchen roof is around 6 yrs old and easily accessible from the landing window.
Dry ridging was applied so should be easily enough to repair, just a bit concerned if every tile is nailed down I could end up breaking more trying to remove the nails. The tile was broken by the painters clambering over it.

Sponsored Links
I think that might be more a function of the mortar than the CT1, but well done!
The piece to the right broke off and slipped down. The remainder of the tile stayed put via the tile lugs. The mortar is just bedding and is not in contact with the slipped piece at all.

Success was more down to the fact that the surfaces were newly broken/exposed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back