Replaced Pump - boiler still slapping and banging

The pressure from the running pump is compressing some air somewhere in the system. Turn the pump off and the water runs back through it and up the cold feed into the F&E tank (or, alternatively, up the open vent and into the tank that way.

A big backflow means a significant amount of air - which is probably the cause of your other problems which seem to be airlock-related.

Sponsored Links
At the risk of ponting out the bleedin obvious, if you start the boiler from cold and it bangs and stops, you know where the circulation HAS been happening because the pipes will be hot. Go gropin.

chris, croydon

thanks very much (again) for your help.

I think I've got enough free advice from the plumbing trade - its time to put something back so I'm getting a bloke in to have a look.

One final question - and I appreciate you guys aren't telepathic.

From the symptoms described, would you reckon a powrflush would help, or even better, solve these problems?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back