Replacement combi boiler

We're doing over a hundred a year, year in year out.

It will be a sad day when I fit what the merchants recommend. They can drive a forky, work a PC, but have never fitted or repaired a boiler. Their recommendations are based on;

- Margin
- they know the sales rep and have been on a manufacturer golf day
- commission based upon what HQ are pushing for a big rebate at year end
- shifting landmark stock gathering dust in the warehouse

I choose my boilers based upon how well the units have lasted in the field, and I know this because I'm usually the one servicing them, and my wife takes the calls if any break down.

I don't care whether my subbies find them difficult to fit, don't like the wall bracket, find the nuts difficult to reach. That's what I pay them for, the customer doesn't give a hoot about these things either. My subbies also know that if they do anything other than a first class job, they'll be doing it again. Ease of installation? Nice to have but frankly immaterial.

It's all about longevity and having support if there is a problem.

Sponsored Links
Its different to what I'm saying but that's fine.
I'm pretty much confused at which boiler will be my next choice after the comments of the next few days, but it does appear Worcestor are not the cheapest but have a good back up and reputation, so will probably go that way in the end.

worcester are fine, fitted plenty and had no real world problems with them either.

a nice clean system and proper maintenance are important.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back