Replacement Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for some helo with a problem.
I live in a Housing Association house and during recent improvements a new UPVC door was fittede to the only entrance to my house. This has left an opening width of only 24ins which is causing problems with furniture etc. Is there a legal minimum limit to the main or only entrance to a house? I am in Scotland and find it hard to get a proper answer from anyone.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is a legal minimum to a front door width, the door was only fitted to the existing brickwork. maybe you could search for a new slimmer door framed pvcu door to gain that extra few mm?

Thanks for that. I thought perhaps under diibility discrimination there might have to be a minimum in case of wheelchair use. The house is a bedsit originaly designed for a single pensioner (although I'm not) and is a housing association house so I can't really do anything except ask them to change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back