replacement electrical safety certificate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I seem to have lost my copy of an electrical safety certificate that I was issued with after I had my house rewired recently. I never even opened the envelope! It's just vanished!

Is it possible to get replacement copies of these certificates? What should I do? Any ideas?

I've tried googling this but have found absolutely no information at all.

Sponsored Links
I might be stating the obvious here, but have you tried ringing the person who did the work? Assuming that they also issued the cert?

Yes I was going to phone them tomorrow - don't want to today as it's Sunday. The certificate came in an official looking envelope so I assume it was sent from some official body. I'm panicking a bit at the moment in case it's not possible to replace it! I'm going to feel really stupid explaining what happened to the electrician. At the moment it's looking like someone must have put it in the fire! :(

At the moment it's looking like someone must have put it in the fire! :(

One hopes it was not a fire started by an electrical fault and you need the certificate for the insurance company. :mrgreen:

( as was once told to an insurance investigator after an electrical fire caused by electrics installed by an in-competant DIYer )

Sponsored Links
Yes I was going to phone them tomorrow - don't want to today as it's Sunday. The certificate came in an official looking envelope so I assume it was sent from some official body. I'm panicking a bit at the moment in case it's not possible to replace it! I'm going to feel really stupid explaining what happened to the electrician. At the moment it's looking like someone must have put it in the fire! :(
This is likely to be the Certificate of Building Compliance notice issued by the electrician's competent persons scheme.
Speak to your Electrician but he does not get a copy of this notice. He will likely forward you to the Competent Person Scheme admin and they should issue a new certificate - for a small fee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back