Replacement fan for cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cooker hood which vents through an outside wall(about 18 " away),
the motor, a 12" wall fan which had been fitted inside the hood horizontally when the original packed up I think, has given up the ghost, I would like to keep the original hood metal carcase. Would welcome advice on what to replace with
Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Another 12" wall fan???
Better hold onto something when cooking.....in case you get sucked up into the hood :eek:

The original fan seems to have been from Whirlpool. I have searched for a replacement and have been astounded by the prices, £100 plus. What I was looking for was a more powerful fan unit that I could fit into the existing metal box inside the wooden hood. Is a normal extractor fan really suitable for this job, if so I could go for a larger unit as the 12" job didn't really clear too well. Are there not any firms that sell replacement non-branded replacement fan units. Thanks.

Are there any ident numbers/model data on the hood or behind the filter?

Sponsored Links
The only identification left is a leaflet for "installation of canopy hood MODEL N*". The original switch in the hood is there but with no ref no. I'm afraid.
There is quite a lot of free space in the hood for a largish fan. I am quite willing to fit any suitable fan replacement if I can source a suitable one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back