Replacement fibreglass roof trim peeled away from the wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a fibreglass roof done in our extension couple of years ago, we since had couple of leaks near the skylights. Those were patched but keep coming back.
We had a recommendation for another fibreglass roofing company to resolve it once for all from a friend, they came in and suggested it was of a poor quality resin and trims. They've sanded the roof, replaced all the trims and put a fibreglass again. It looks pretty good but not a week after I see a trim peeling away from the wall (picture). The company is coming to fix, mentioned its to do with heat and they need to put some "buttons"? Do I need to get yet another company to validate this company?
Highly anxious at this point, if anyone could advise I'd appreciate it..

Attachments

• IMG_5527.PNG
    IMG_5527.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
OP,
Could you post better pics than that - stand back & show some context?
Or pic from the same height of the roof - or on the roof?
Also show other side trims, and the repairs to the fibreglass?

We had a fibreglass roof done in our extension couple of years ago, we since had couple of leaks near the skylights. Those were patched but keep coming back.
We had a recommendation for another fibreglass roofing company to resolve it once for all from a friend, they came in and suggested it was of a poor quality resin and trims. They've sanded the roof, replaced all the trims and put a fibreglass again. It looks pretty good but not a week after I see a trim peeling away from the wall (picture). The company is coming to fix, mentioned its to do with heat and they need to put some "buttons"? Do I need to get yet another company to validate this company?
Highly anxious at this point, if anyone could advise I'd appreciate it..
Looks like heat distortion.

You should have seen my kitchen flooring in one of the external doorways a couple of summers ago. The sun was beating down on it and it looked horrendous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back