replacement radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this...

I've recently had a combi boiler replaced, and the plumber also suggested that the radiators in my house are not large enough to generate sufficient heat for the house.

As it's all on microbore, he said that I could not have larger radiators fitted, but that I would have to have additional radiators. As I didn't want to have a second radiator fitted in the front room, he suggested a large double convector radiator be put in the cupboard under the stairs (where the boiler is, but on 15mm pipes rather than microbore).

Once he had done this, i've been told that I could have increased the size of the radiators, rather than put in an extra radiator (which I've also been told has been situated where it won't make a big difference to the heat in the house).

What do you think? How big a radiator can be fitted to 8mm pipes? What else do you need to know?

Sponsored Links
As long as the run of microbore isn't very long ie 5 metreserish, I work on a rule of thumb of approxx, 8mm pipe up to 8000btu's 10mm 10,000btu's, never had any problems to date. When fitting new systems I never use smaller than 10mm however small the rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back