Replacement rad's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace two corroded rad's the easy way. A like for like replacement so, that I don't have to replace the wall brackets or anything.

Does anyone recognise the serial numbers?

BA X216572 C

or

BA X206371 F

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to replace two corroded rad's the easy way. A like for like replacement so, that I don't have to replace the wall brackets or anything.

Does anyone recognise the serial numbers?

BA X216572 C

or

BA X206371 F

Thanks.

Never heard of someone ordering rads by there serial (its new to me), thats why your search results on the internet were probably ziltch. If you can't find the name of the (make)rad I would suggest uploading a picture so people know what you are talking about.

I should image many of the lads on here fit central heating systems and might come with a deal for you. Or check an internet auction site, people sell old rads and other bits of second hand stuff on there. Going to the local scrap yards to check is another option, skips etc.

If all that doesn't help or seems too awkward, then just buy a new radiator. Hope that helps.

why not just order the same size?

is it really a great hardship to change the wall brackets!!

Serial numbers will mean nothing to anyone apart from the manufacturer - it would be like asking someone to name the make and model of a car from the chassis number.

Posting some snaps might give some clues. The trouble is that if they are rotten, they are likely to be old. The 2 problems with this are that firstly radiator makes and models have changed a lot over the years. Also, if the rads are old, they may be imperial sizes so may need alterations to the valve positions.

As for not wanting to fix new brackets to the wall, putting a few new screws in is usually the easiest part of fitting rads!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping someone would've recognised the model numbers. The radiators are only about 5-6 years old.

an apostrophe also indicates missing letters 'Oh Great Grammatical One'.

Even if you could track down the manufacturer, I would doubt very much that any new radiator will hang on the old ones brackets.

only 5 or 6 years old and corroded? that should not happen, best bet, measure the sizes and look online for something as close as possible, if they are only 5-6 years old then you should easily find the same sizes.

Yes i know BA is British Airways you just need to find the the number to the aircraft, and then if you have a spare 30 million and a pillots licence bobs your uncle. Make sure it comes with brackets. to hang it on the wall :LOL:

hope this helps the rangers legend mr hurlock. isolate rad at flow n return valves drain rad remove from wall. measure width of rad( important this one) measure height. most new manufacturers have standard sizes ie 500 mm high, 600 mm high etc etc. pick the one that best suits, job done. keep your powder dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back