Replacement Stat and Controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this so bear with me. I have a broken Sunvic SP100 (just stopped working) and I have bought a Horstmann C27 to replace it. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction as to what needs to connect to what as a direct swap. I have not disconnected anything yet and was hoping that I could just mark up the wires and then reconnect.

Also I have a new wall thermostat which is a Horstmann DRT1 which is to replace a Sunvic TLX2259, again I am looking for help with a direct swap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I feel it should be an easy job once I have the information.

Thanks in advance

Olly

Sponsored Links
It might be a slightly bold person who tries to give you any advice without any knowledge of what boiler and system you have.

Some people follow conversion charts but I would always trace the existing wiring as I can never be sure that any existing system is correctly wired.

Tony

My apologies Tony, I guess I was hoping for a straight swap with just the terminal numbers etc....

I have a potterton prima F boiler and a Danfoss HSA3 valve if that helps.

Thanks

Olly

It may well be a straight swap but any mistake and your new bits are blown up!

I would not risk advising you. In any case I wire up according to the circuit function and dont just follow numbers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The SP100 connections are
1 hw off
2 hw on
L
N
E
Spare
Spare
3 ch common
4 ch off
5 ch on

The stat was
3 Common
1 Demand
none (Satisfied)
4 Neutral

Hope that's a little more useful than the advice given above!

Thanks Chris thats great!

I do however remember something being connected to the spare when I looked at the connections on the back of the SP100, is it likely that this is for the stat?

I understand that any advice given is to be treated only as advice though ;)

Sorry I am talking rubbish. Nothing in the Spares however there is a link between the Live and Pin 3 and nothing in pin 4.

So I am fine with everything there but that there is a link and that there is nothing in Pin 4.

The C27 it seems requires CH OFF and not CH Common.

Any Clues?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back