Replacing a back boiler with a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Are Baxi 105HE boilers any good, i.e. reliable etc and can a shower be run from it?

If not can I have some recommendations for good combi's

TIA

Sponsored Links
They come up loads of times on the forum, don't know if that because there are so many or that they fail often.
It all depends on what your budget for the job is; you don't get a merc for the price of a fiat.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies people. I don't mind spending a bit on a good boiler, I'd rather have quality than mid range make do stuff.

Vaillant, Viessmann and WB by general consensus are the best.
Big problem with Vaillant is the attitude of the company; once the product is sold, they don't want to know. Contact number is premium rate, emails don't get answered and as they have absorbed a number of inferior brands including the staff, knowledge is not what it used to be.

Viessmann, that was the brand, sheeeez! I've been doing my ead in trying to remember that name. I'd heard WB are pretty good too. I have gleaned a bit of info regarding the valiant boilers, shame when a good company lose the one thing that people want... Good service. I rate products by their after service and support.

I have 10 radiators and may want to add 2 more at a later date and want a shower to run from the boiler any recommendations?

ps thanks for the info so far. :)

Have you measured your flowrate/pressure yet? Nobpoint getting a powerful combi if your mains cold water is poor. If good, look at the Worcester 37CDI or the Viessmann 100 35kw, both very good!

Viessmann, that was the brand, sheeeez! I've been doing my ead in trying to remember that name. I'd heard WB are pretty good too. ...
The CDI is a good one, si is less, i even less, and I won't fit juniors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back