Replacing a bathroom fan....what to get.

Condensation occurs when there is insufficient air movement.
No, it is related to the temperature of the air and surfaces.

It does not just dissapear of its own accord as you suggest.
Yes it does (in my silent bathroom) - breathe on a mirror.

There has to be ventilation
Indeed - but that is not only produced by a fan.
OP does have a window, and, I presume, a door.

Sponsored Links
No, it is related to the temperature of the air and surfaces.
Good ventilation equals zero condensation ,no matter the surface temp

Yes it does (in my silent bathroom) - breathe on a mirror. Air movement clears your breathe.

Indeed - but that is not only produced by a fan.
OP does have a window, and, I presume, a door. Not many people leave the bathroom door open while showering and air movement is no where near as effective as a good fan.

You seem to be under the impression that there shall be no condensation.
You would need a wind tunnel for that.

There is the point that if that is what happens in your bathroom, that is no condensation whatsoever with the fan on, then perhaps you don't need the fan at all.

It will do no harm for the tiles and mirror to mist over (it shouldn't get to running down) while you bathe, (you will notice there is no condensation on the towel, Why is that?) then when you finish, either open the window or leave the door open.
If the condenstaion is not gone in ten or fifteen minutes then you have, as I said, more fundamental problems.

Sponsored Links
You seem to be under the impression that there shall be no condensation.
You would need a wind tunnel for that.

There is the point that if that is what happens in your bathroom, that is no condensation whatsoever with the fan on, then perhaps you don't need the fan at all.Strange conclusion .?

It will do no harm for the tiles and mirror to mist over (it shouldn't get to running down) while you bathe, (you will notice there is no condensation on the towel, Why is that? Because a towel absorbs moisture, surely you would know that) then when you finish, either open the window or leave the door open.Good way to transfer damp air to the rest of your property, hardly to be recommended .
If the condenstaion is not gone in ten or fifteen minutes then you have, as I said, more fundamental problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back