Replacing guttering, after a rough estimate.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to replace leaking cast iron guttering-not the down pipes.
The length is 16 metres. One straight run of 7m and another run of 7m with a 90degree bend to another 2m length. There are three down pipes to be accommodated.
Looking to remove the existing gutter and replace with plastic gutter and was wondering roughly what price I could expect to be quoted for carrying out this work.

Any help appreciated, Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Between three and four hundred depending on access type of roof covering etc.

If the down pipes are CI too then they might be rusting out at the back where painters rarely reach. I hate to see any CI go but if its at the end of its life then it has to go. They become a liability.

Note that lengths of CI gutter best need two workers on two ladders to take them down - they are extremely heavy, & when simply moving them they will often snap in half.

If the gutters are at the end of their life then the fascia and eaves detail might also be ready for renewal?

Thanks Alastair, Ree.
The down pipes are CI but they're fine, the reason the gutters need replaced is the heavy snow a few years back in Scotland damaged them. They were then repaired but don't run to the down pipe and leak so need to go.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back