replacing honeywell t6360 by worcester dt20RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

my wife wants me to replace "old" t6360b1028 by wireless DT20RF...
there was no problem to plug and play with programmer, just fit into a space of greenstar 28i... , there were no problem to link programmer with wireless thermostat all is ok.

problem is: when I disconnected t6360, i had hot woter but my CH did not start... so I connected it again and now I have to set both thermostats:(

question: what I have to do to disconnect old thermostat (wired) and have new system working?

thanks

Richard

PS I searched forum but I did not find answer...
BTW I am not installer so please use as simple language as you can:)

Sponsored Links
And your boiler is a Worcester 28 combi (eg iJunior)?

Usually you need to link Ls and Lr on the wiring connections, which is where you'll find the current Honeywell roomstat cables.

As always with electricity, if you don't know how it works, you could make things rather dangerous. If you don't know what you don't know, be very careful.

If a DIYer wired up the old stat, it is possible it will still be live when you remove the cables from Ls and Lr... there will probably also be a neutral wire to disconnect from the boiler to the room stat - so take care.

thanks for reply but i already solve that problem. so for others i will describe that.
there are 4 wires comes to your honeywell t6360 thermostat from my greenstar 28i combi boiler. there is earth, live,neutral and switched live. when you need to disconect that device and put another WIRELESS one,you have to do steps as i did.
first always switch off mains, then remove cover, check again that all wires are not alive :)))) i know sometimes it happens. then disconnect wires from your device. then isolate with tape earth and neutral. then connect live and live switched and cover them with isolating tape as well. job done your wireless is working. i did not remove all wires because all are in my walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back