Replacing radiator with wall towel rail (floor pipes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I've tried searching but haven't found a solution to my peculiar problem.

I've just refurbished bathroom; retiled all walls, new sink, new bath, new skirting & new flooring!

Now the room is almost finished my wife wants to replace the old radiator (already off the wall so we could tile behind it) with a nice new chrome towel rad.

But... the old rad was fed from the sides with pipes from floor; the new towel rad is wall mounted and has feeds on bottom.

I removed the old rad by closing the valves and then just unscrewing it: the valves are still on pipes.

I know the correct solution is to drain system (I have combi boiler) but I honestly don't want to do that!

Is there another way?
Are there any 90 degree joints I can fix to the existing valves?
If I must remove/replace existing valves is there a way to do so without draining whole system?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could place a bit of chrome pipe into the trv and lockshield followed by a chrome elbow then another bit of chrome pipe into the elbow but personally I think it would look ugly.

Best off doing it properly, if you turn off all rad valves, you could just relieve the pressure out of the pipework, (that way your not draining down) and fit the correct valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back