replacing TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just moved into my house and discovered 2 of the radiators do not work i have discovered that the trv pin is sticking.i have pulled the pin up with pliers but still no heat comes through i think the plunger bit is stuck is it poss to free this or will i need to replace them.
if i do replace them is there any special things i need or will a bit of ptfe tape and a new valve(does it matter if its not a trv?)do the job thanks

Sponsored Links
Give the pin and Vv a wee rattle to see if it releases , if not alan better off replacing like for like that way you can reuse nut and olive on pipe.

No special tools required couple of adjustable spanners and or grips .

Put a wee wrap o thread tape round olive if you wish , I use liquid ptfe.
Dont overtighten.

Wont do any harm to flush out system and and replace inhibitor as you will have had to drain system.

Pulling the pin up won't free them off but a gentle tap on the top of the pin with a light hammer usually does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back