ReSolva Weedkiller - Only use between certain dates?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought some Resolva weed killer the other day and noticed it states certain dates it can be used between. Can anyone tell me why that is? Just curious really.

Cheers
  • Resolva must not be used between 18th September and the 1st April

Sponsored Links
It's glyphosate with a fancy name and price.

It is supposed to be used when the plants are growing vigorously and applied to active green growth

I expect this wording is supposed to simplify the decision

Reducing use at times when it won't work will reduce waste and in some cases pollution.

indeed - I don't think it is a date like the ingloriuos 12th, or you can't shoot a rabbit if there's an R in the month

unless there is a W in the month then you are allowed to weed., even in the Winter.

weeds grow all year round, if its mild weather and there is plenty of green growth, glyphosate will be effective

of course lots of herbaceous weeds like nettles die down in winter, so it wont work on those!

Sponsored Links
It takes a demented kind of dedication to be out there in winter, weeding away. Cutting back trees and bushes, yes. Digging about in hardened earth, no.
I'll only use weedkiller on large patches anyhow, if there's only one or two just pull 'em up. Try not to rely on chemicals, if you don't have to.

Thanks all...I wasn't sure if there was some sort of magic at that I wasn't in the know of!!

I also read on a data sheet somewhere -

A. It is only registered for use between April and 18th September by the authorities, and in trials we noted that the product doesn’t work as well as in warmer weather.

Cheers

Of course your weeds will know whether its April to 18th September ;)

They won't, but they WILL be able to detect day length, which is vital to triggering growth hormones and autumn shedding of leaves. It is not caused by temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back