Retrofit tile vents?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked by building control to fit tile vents to my extension roof (I thought the soffit vents and breathable membrane would be sufficient...).

I've had a quick look around t'internet and found some plain tile vents; my question is how do I go about retrofitting these? And also, how high up the pitch should they be positioned (if it matters)?

Thanks for your help :)

Sponsored Links
Remove a tile, cut the membrane, fit the vent tile. The meerkats have a word for it

They should go as high as possible

If you have used Tyvek, then they have produced a document certifying that additional ventilation is not required. May be useful, or consult the membrane manufacturer

Alternatively (and visually better), if you have a mono pitched roof, see about some abutment vents instead

Thanks Woody, sounds like an easy enough job.

Building control are aware of the membrane that has been used, but are still insisting on extra ventilation.

Think I'll go for the tile vents rather than abutment vents as seems like they'll be easier to fit than cutting through a cavity wall. Also found some vents that match my plain concrete tiles pretty well, so hopefully won't have too much of a visual impact.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back