Right bath shower mixer for combi boiler

nbr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

in the house I just moved in I have a combi boiler Ideal Logic ES35 (flow rate at 35C temp rise 14.5 l/min and specific rate of 16.9 l/min).

Water coming out of the upstairs bath shower mixer (attached) is *very* slow, to the point that I can't really have a shower or even wash the foam after a bath.

Any spec I should look out for if I wanted to change the bath shower mixer tap to have a better shower? I was looking at buying the following

but I am being told by the builder I am using for renovation elsewhere in the house that I should get something that has less knees that the water needs to go through and instead has a direct connection from the tap to the shower. Something similar to this, designed for low pressure systems

I am not sure at this stage if the limiting factor is the boiler and its flow rate or simply the type of tap. I wouldn't want to invest time and money to install a new bath shower mixer (with all the effort involved in installing and un-installing with the bath tub still present) to then still found the pressure on the shower is too low.

Note that the shower in the en-suite (other room from where the issue in question occurs) has good pressure (I wouldn't call it high but certainly not as bad as the shower in question).

Attachments

• 20230311_184701.jpg
    20230311_184701.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
The limiting factor will not be the boiler unless there is a fault. Have you checked whether you are getting the predicted performance at any of the hot outlets? Check for isolation valves/stopcocks not fully opened. Also check inlet filters to mixer (if fitted). Make sure shower head and/or spout diffuser are not blocked with scale.
You need to check pressure and flow rate of the mains supply to the property. Any mixer available should give a decent flow with a normal mains supply.

Pressure is ok in another bathrooms upstairs.

Stopcock all fully open and no massive limescale in the mixer in question (I removed the head and I get the same flow rate out of the cord itself).

It is as if that specific bathroom where the mixer in question is has low pressure.

Unless, as I say, it is down to the tap itself...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back