Ring Main testing

AWH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fault on a ring main, installed the ring some 2 years ago and has been working fine, now it trips after about 3o mins,
Saw a good method of finding out where problem may be posted 22.09.07, but they did not say how to check circut at the cu. Help

Sponsored Links
Care to give us a bit more info about what type of fault you are experiencing and what you are doing when you experience it, or are we supposed to guess? ;)

It would also be useful to know what skills & experience you have, and what test equipment you own...

Sorry, forgot to say ring main keeps tripping at cu. I have limited knowledge and will have to buy test equipment. I also live in a very isolated position so need to do most DIY myself.

Sponsored Links
So how did you install a ring final test and certify it without calibrated test equipment?

You're going to need to shell out several hundred pounds to get what is needed, oh and then you'll need to learn how to use it.

Best to pay for someone who knows.

If it has happened after severe weather you'd best start with anything that could be affected by that. eg outside sockets, cabling or joints that could be damp/damaged....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back