RIP Pete Postlethwaite

One of the most capable, distinguished, respected yet unassuming dramatic actors this country has had in years. You may not always recognise the name but you would know his face when you saw it. Capable of stage or screen appearance with ease.
RIP Pete, there are many who will miss you and your fine skills.

Sponsored Links
My dad used to say that actors were weak people and that was why they were able to pretend to be someone else - no personality of their own. I tend to agree with him. Why is it considered to be clever to pretend to be someone else? Roger Moore is a fine actor - you never see him pretend to be anyone else.

Sponsored Links
My dad used to say that actors were weak people and that was why they were able to pretend to be someone else - no personality of their own. I tend to agree with him. Why is it considered to be clever to pretend to be someone else? Roger Moore is a fine actor - you never see him pretend to be anyone else.

1. It is clever to act somebody else and get paid enormous amounts of money for it. The public are the weak people for allowing the wool to be pulled over our eyes.

2. The reason he didn't play a character other than himself was because he couldn't. He was a slightly more animated cardboard cut-out of a BBC news reader. I bet his film director had him doing things by numbers or if that proved difficult the use of a noddy chart.

Back