rollers for gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a few flat plain doors to gloss and have previously used Dulux trade 'excellence' mini rollers for gloss. They were synethetic mohair or something, and fabric, as opposed to the foam ones also used for glossing. I found these fabric rollers to hold a good amount of paint , but on a few doors there were loads of bits of fluff - fine hairs etc on the paint surface. These were coming off the roller, as there were minimal hairs etc on the surface when I tried a foam roller.
What are the best rollers for gloss?. I will be using Dulux trade gloss. If possible I would like to just roll and not bother laying off after. I think a slightly stippled effect is perfectly acceptable. Maybe I just had a dodgy pack of Dulux excellence gloss rollers? Or do they often leave fluff on the surface?
Also those brushmates for glossing brushes, do you rinse the brush in spirits before it goes in the brushmate? And when retrieving the brush, what is needed before painting, just a wipe with a rag or? I have previously just left glossing brushes in brush cleaner in a jam jar, why is the Brushmate worth the money?

Sponsored Links
I use 9" mohair on flush doors>>mini for cupboard doors.. The mohair needs to be 'broke in' ie used first in u/c and washed in white spirit then rolled dry on a bare scrap of paper/timber. this gets all the loose bits off. I prefer the mohair much quicker once you got a roller ready. But can see the point in foam and dump ;)

I just scrape any exess paint out of brush before putting into paintmate. will last forever as long as fluid is topped up ..

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back