Roof leak

I would say get another roofer if you have paid him a grand and the roof still leaks, unless he is going to fix it without any extra charge.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Talked to the roofer and he said he will come back to check after finishing his current job.

@John - Thanks again for highlighting the pointing issue.

@Alastair - I'll ask the roofer to remove the bottom row tiles to investigate further.

@yorkie - Thanks for the advice about possible fixes. I will raise these points with the roofer when he comes back.

@catlad - I'm hoping he will fix it free-of-charge :D. Will see.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Many thanks again!

Hi,

The roofer hasn't come back yet but he said on the phone he is 99.9% sure it is something to do with the low pitch of the bottom row of tiles, and he'll think about how to fix that.

He mentioned that he might use some sealant to seal the gaps between the bottom row tiles and the row of tiles which are on top. He will do that for the width of the roof and hopefully it will work.

Would what he say work? Or there are better solutions for this problem? I am not as sure as he is, and would like some advices from you guys.

Thank you again for taking time to answer (The B&Q diy book is no use at all). Really appreciate your help!

Running sealant along the bottom of the tiles may work for a short time though i doubt it.

The bottom 2 courses should be stripped out before deciding what the best remedy would be.

Sponsored Links
Thanks alastair. Maybe he can use a layer of acrylic paint as well?

I am just worrying that the roofer is too fixated on the idea that the low pitched tiles are the cause of leak, and neglect other possibilities (like coping stone pointing).

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back