Roof lining question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm wanting to know the best and cheapest way to line one side of a pitched roof. The reason is purely to keep the items up there free from mortar dust.
One side of our roof appears to have been redone a few years ago and has a breathable membrane down one side under the rafters - so is dust free.

The other side has nothing, can I tack a breathable membrane down one side (I probably won't do the whole roof - leaving out the eaves and corners).

Can I use the same stuff for garden lining, which allows mosture to pass through and is probably cheaper than roof lining.

The loft is relatively damp free, just quite cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Any advice would be greatly appreviated.

Sponsored Links
Best AND cheapest??? :rolleyes:

Well building paper (thick brown paper) has been quoted as an example in past threads but what you propose should be fine.
If you want insulate at a later date then things are less straightforward.

Deluks said:
Best AND cheapest??? :rolleyes:

Well spotted :oops: That's along the same lines as 'new and improved'

Cheers for the advice, I've just spoken to an old mate at a roof suppliers and he said the webbing would be OK as well. As for insulating that'll be along way off and the Earth will have gone up a degree or two by then :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back