roof on old 1964 house help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a property in need of major renovation, the roof in question was build in 1964 and from the look of it need replace roof due to leaking, can anyone recommend what type or roof or is a flat roof can be installed, due to most property in the area are flat roof so you can have bbq in the roof. As you can see the house is in need of majour refurbishment or would it be easier to knock down and rebuild to modern building regs

View media item 33830
View media item 33831

Sponsored Links
If it was mine I would demolish and rebuild . Getting plans/permission etc. first of course . Depending on the size of plot and type of surrounding area - even go for a small block of flats then sell them commonhold or with a share of freehold so the occupiers have control over the maintenance/ ground rent fees :idea: I`m no expert but I have had experience with a commonhold block and it worked very well - That building is so ugly ;) Good Luck

Sponsored Links
Those other houses are totally different to yours! Concrete roofs. You wont be able to do that to your house. Either renovate the house with a pitched roof or rebuild it to what you want. It would cost a lot of money to put any sort of flat roof on your existing building.
That house is not in the UK anyway is it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back