Roof tile

cut.trim the foam to shape of the underside of tile, as it is, it will track water in.
Then show another picture
Dont drill the flashing , You would be better off drilling through the two tiles under the head lap.
The screw would be weathered by the tile above

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not trimmed the foam yet as waiting until I figured out what to do so do you mean drill I hole through overlap and put in a nail to hang it?

We glue all our slither cuts to the neighbouring full tile using a polymer type (Stixall, Sticks like S**T, CT1, Gorilla grab, etc) adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Think glue is gonna be the way to go what is gonna stick it solid
You need to trim your foam as Data has said. Use an uber sharp Stanley. Be aware of the tile profile and the way it rises or falls before you trim.
Sometimes you need to glue them together away from their final resting place - other times each subsequent course holds the glued bit beneath, in place.

As above, I used stixall on mine last year, no issues since. Comes out like a clear silicone but goes rock hard very quick. Can’t see it ever failing tbh. Even took my weight when I accidentally stood on it.

Thanks very much gonna get some tomorrow and give it a try how long did it take to set and we’re they cement tiles?

They were concrete tiles. No idea how long it took to set, Felt firm after maybe 20 mins but I guess it took a lot longer to fully go off

Thank you to everybody for being so helpfull hopefully will get it sorted now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back