roofing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and girls,my neighbour had a leak in his kitchen,his builders where in today and reslated his side of the roof,before there was ridge tiles running down the middle seperating the two roofs,this is how they left it,there is a metal kind of drain in the middle now but my tiles dont connect up now and in sure when it rains again,its my kitchen that is going to be flooding.
what do u think of it,heres
some pics,sorry only had moblie phone,cheers

Sponsored Links
You photos are microscopic, but it looks like they have fitted a joining gutter, which is a common and acceptable method of joining two different tiled roofs.

If its been done properly, then it should be OK

also in this pic,wats to stop the wind getting in below the tiles and the whole foof coming off,at least the middle ridge tiles held and joined the 2 foofs together,also from half way up to the top the tiles not bed together.
both sides now have nothing holding down the last row of tiles,only the one nail in the middle,f##king not happy about it at all,app the builders coming back around tonight,we will see what he says

Sponsored Links
latest,builder coming bact tomorrow to relay the ridge tiles back and rebed my tiles correctly,lets see,will update tomorrow night when i get back from work,lets hope there are no tornado warnings in london tonight

Not sure why they have done it that way as the tiles look the same profile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back